Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high quality dental care. We understand that you, or your child, may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing you with the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your health.
During your first visit, the doctor will:
- Discuss your dental and medical history
Take a complete and thorough series of x-rays
(we use digital processing so x-rays are very safe)
- Check for Oral Cancer and other abnormalities
- Check your jaw joints, bite, muscles and range of motion and evaluate for abnormal wear on your teeth
- Perform a careful tooth by tooth examination, evaluating for cavities or breakdown of older dental work
- Perform detailed measurement of your gum condiition, tartar and plaque build-up, bone level and recession for signs of gingivitis or periodontal disease.
- Discuss our examination findings and make recommendations for you based on your individual situation
- Answer your questions and discuss treatment options
Our office team members will help you with:
- A written treatment plan
- Printed fee estimates
- Insurance benefit estimates
- Affordable payment plans
- Scheduling your needed dental care
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form
- Your insurance card
- Any bite guards, splints, retainers or other dental appliances so we can check them.
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Dental Association recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy. For those with a history of gum disease, every three to four months is recommended.
We understand that you have a busy schedule. Your first visit is most important to our serving you well. Please allow at least 60-90 minutes for your examination appointment.